Tips for Turning Your Container Into a Home Gym
Still putting off that New Year’s resolution to work out more? For owners of a shipping container, it’s possible to turn that storage space into a fully-functioning home gym that will have you fulfilling that resolution in no time.
Investing in a home gym is a great way to get started on those fitness goals this coming year and to reap the benefits. If you are a fan of shipping container modifications in general, consider a home gym as your next project.
In this article, we’ll provide you with essential tips and tricks for transforming your shipping container into a home gym that will keep you in tip-top shape and bring your project dreams to life.
The Benefits of Having a Home Gym in Your Container
There’s a wide range of benefits associated with building a home gym inside a shipping container. For instance, a container home gym can prove to be:
- An ideal way to destress and rewind. The new year is all about starting fresh and rewinding that mindset to benefit both the mind and body. And since you will cut out long commutes, you are far more likely to use your home gym more often, helping you to reduce stress and build a strong physique while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
- A home away from home, or a place to be alone and have fun. Having your home gym separate from your actual home can prove to be beneficial, as it provides a way for you to leave the house but remain close to comfort at the same time.
- Relatively inexpensive with high savings potential. One – and possibly the best – benefit of turning your shipping container into a home gym is the low cost compared to that of building a regular home gym. Choosing the shipping container route will have you saving loads of money on renovation fees. And on top of this, not only will a home gym save you money on gym membership fees but it will also be saving you money on the commute.
- Open to any style or design. You can adapt your shipping container in whatever way you want because you own it. You can choose the design that fits your own personal requirements and style – and make the most of your container’s potential.
How to Begin Your Home Gym Experience
1. Find a suitable shipping container
The first step to any shipping container project is finding a container that’s going to be suitable as a base for your specific needs. For a home gym, you may want to look for a container that has a proper air ventilation system that will keep you cool enough while you work out, or a container that has doors on the long side that you can open fully to let air in.
Keep in mind that you can always modify your container later. You may choose to install windows, which are a great option to bring in fresh air and sunlight. For flooring, we recommend adding Anti-Slip paint, or simply keeping the wooden floors that come with it! They’re very sturdy and durable.
If you’re looking for a larger size gym, four containers, two stacked on top of each other with the floors removed, could also be a great way to maximize space and efficiency. Ultimately, it’s all about your preference and the way you would like to operate your home gym.
2. Decide on a location
An important part of building a home gym out of a shipping container is deciding on the perfect location. In fact, one of the many perks of doing this with a container is the portability and the advantage of being able to place your gym in any area you want. For example, you may choose to place your container within a short walking distance from your house for the easy convenience of travelling there frequently.
Another thing to consider when deciding on a location is the weather elements that your container will be exposed to. If your container is being placed in an area with lots of sun, protecting the metal with products is important to prevent rust and damage. So place your container somewhere that is suitable for a shipping container, as well as an appropriate place to work out.
3. Gather ideas for setting up and decorating
Your container home gym is completely yours to discover and explore, and that means you have full authority in deciding where the equipment goes and what you would like to do with it according to your preference and desired gains.
For instance, will you follow a specific theme or design? Where will you place your equipment? How much space will you need to build the home gym of your dreams? You may find that two containers stacked on top of each other will satisfy your desire for a multi-story gym, or that you would like windows to create an open and airy gym space.
4. Invest in quality equipment
As the official owner of a new container home gym, you get to invest in quality equipment that is specially designed for your personal needs and goals. For those who require disability-accessible equipment, you have the opportunity to create a completely accessible gym with a wide range of equipment to choose from. You may even choose to install bars and railings for extra support.
Besides gym equipment, you’ll also want to look for gadgets and materials that will optimize your home gym experience. For example, look into installing an air conditioning system that will circulate cool air inside the space.
Need a Shipping Container?
If you are looking for a shipping container to fulfil your personal dream of creating a home gym or any other goal you have in mind, look no further than Sigma Container. We provide shipping containers designed for all your needs and desires, and we are here to guide you through it all.
For more information on shipping container gyms, shipping container modifications, or buying your first container, call Sigma Container at 855-228-1993 or toll-free at 1-877-225-7762, or contact us here.