Selling a Home: Why Home Staging Is Essential
The housing market goes in cycles: sometimes it’s a seller’s market, and sometimes a buyer’s market. No matter what cycle the housing market is in, it’s always a good idea to ensure that your home is well-staged if you’re trying to sell it.
- What home staging is.
- Why it’s essential if you’re selling your home.
- How using an Ontario rental storage container can help you if you’re staging your home.
Let’s dive in!
What is home staging?
The goal of home staging is to make your home look its best. There are two main tasks involved with home staging:
- Taking things out to make your home look more inviting and larger. This may seem like an overwhelming task, so we suggest doing it room by room. Look at every surface and determine where items can be removed, thrown away, stored, or donated. You may also want to temporarily remove some furniture if it’s unsightly or oversized for a room and store it in a storage container.
- Adding new items to make your home look more appealing. This can be small touches like new shower curtains, bedding, or tablecloths. While this may seem silly – after all, prospective buyers aren’t buying your furniture – it can help contribute to a better overall impression of your house.
Home staging can also involve sprucing up the outside of your house by placing planters or new bushes near the entrance.
Why is home staging essential if I’m selling my home?
No matter the market cycle, your primary goal for selling your home is to get top dollar for it. Home staging is one of the best ways to sell your home quickly and for a good price. There are several reasons home staging is essential:
- Home staging is one of the best ways to make your home look more appealing without spending much money.
- It can entice prospective buyers to spend more time exploring your house, making them more willing to buy it. A cluttered house is a definite turnoff for buyers as they may be unable to look past the clutter to see the appeal of your house.
- Home staging helps make it easier for prospective buyers to envision how their own furniture would look in your home.
As the seller, you also benefit from home staging. You have the opportunity to declutter and pack up or sell unused furniture before you’re ready to move.
How can a storage container help me with staging my home?
There are lots of benefits to having access to an Ontario rental storage container when you’re staging your home:
- You will have direct access to your storage container, so you don’t have to figure out a way to get unused furniture or excess belonging to a self-storage unit. You just move your items out of the house directly into your storage container.
- You can quickly move items back into your home or even access them directly from your storage container. Since your storage container will be located conveniently nearby, you can easily access items without having to move them into the house and move furniture back in once your house has sold.
- You can save yourself time and hassle while moving. You can put items or furniture you won’t need until you move into your storage container and leave them there until you arrive at your new home.
Why should I rent a storage container from Sigma Container while staging my home?
We’ve already covered some of the great benefits of staging your home and using an Ontario rental storage container to do so.
Our storage containers:
- Can be securely locked with a padlocked box.
- Will protect your belongings and furniture in any kind of weather.
- Can be rented on a month-to-month basis. So whether you need to store items temporarily while staging your home or for a few months until you move into your new home, you only have to pay for our storage containers as long as you need them.
- Will be brought directly to your doorstep, saving you time and hassle. You’ve got enough on your plate getting ready to sell your house, so we’re here to make it easier for you to declutter and get things out the door!
- Can be delivered to you on less than a week’s notice.
Not sure what size of storage container you need or have room for? Our specialists can help determine what size will work best for you!
Make Home Staging a Breeze
Home staging is one of the best and least expensive ways to make your house look larger and more inviting. A rented Ontario storage container can easily store anything you don’t need while your home is up for sale.
At Sigma Container, we can deliver right to your doorstep. Our storage containers offer excellent protection for your furniture and valuables and can be rented for as short or as long as necessary. They can save you time and hassle while moving, as you’ll already have a lot of items ready to go.
Contact Us to Learn More
Make renting an Ontario storage container one of your “must-do” activities when preparing to sell your house! To get started with renting a storage container, call us at 1-877-225-7762 or contact us online.